Oct 14, 2009

Rachel's Project

I bought some paint for the hallway and bathroom today. While I was on my way to pick up paint I had the bright idea that I should buy paint for the vanity, medicine cabinet and linen cabinet in the bathroom. They are standard, cheap, oak items from any home improvement store. I dislike them. Intensely. I like clean-lined, modern things and these are definitely not. We have looked at different options for replacing them but to replace all three it would run us, at the cheapest, around $250 - 300. Yikes. NOT IN THE BUDGET! (Well technically paint isn't even in the budget, but whatever!) But I thought; why not paint them a dark espresso color? That is huge right now and it would update our sorry little bathroom so nicely.
So for another $9 I bought a quart of espresso colored paint. While Remy was napping I started working on painting them. But then painting them led to taking down one of the hideous lights that are on either side of the medicine cabinet so that "I could paint the side of the cabinet". Then Nic informed me that in order to patch the holes from the lights (since I am scheming to put one over the cabinet instead of beside it), he would have to cut out everything in between two studs and then patch it. So I took everything down so he could do that. You know when he has time. O, did I mention he is sick right now?

So this is what it looks like above our sink right now.


I forgot to take proper before pictures but this will have to do for now. You can kind of see the wooden monstrosity of a light over on the edge of the picture. Yes, we had two.
I am super excited to do this project though because we have so many free items to use for it! Not to mention that I painted the kitchen and its a little too close to the color of the bathroom for comfort. Oddly enough I really dislike the bathroom color but love the kitchen color. Go figure.

Hopefully by this weekend we will have the little remodel finished and I will be able to post a few pictures of the finished result.

No comments:

Post a Comment